*critical* bug in gdm-2.4.4.0-2 from rawhide?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Sep 8 02:47:09 UTC 2003

I have now re-installed the Severn beta *twice*. What has happened is
that after installing the latest updates from rawhide (to 06 Sep. 03), I
cannot re-login. The GDM would complain that either an incorrect
user ID or password was entered... however, I have *carefully*
rechecked that I had entered the corredt PWD (since I even had it
*written* down, and my user id name is just 3 letters long.

Even attempting to login as root, I still could not login. I got the
usual error message ( ... verify that your Caps lock isn't on,
etc...)

On my _most recent_ install (today, 07 Sep.), I made it a point
NOT to download and update to gdm-2.4.4.0-2.i386.rpm.
Has anyone else noticed this behavoir with this version of gdm?

Elton.
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.