Opinions about MAXIMUM_PARTS crippling in util-linux-2.11r-miscfixes.patch

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Mon Sep 8 13:48:17 UTC 2003

Hello Elliot,

> I know it's a pain for the three people who have a need for more than 16
> partitions per disk, but a custom-modified util-linux package is probably
> the best way in the short-term, and reducing the number of partitions is the
> best way in the long term. SCSI isn't going to die anytime soon. :)

 Do I understand correctly that is only a device numbering problem? Maybe
something can be done about that ;-) ?

 And really, on a desktop with multiple OSes reducing the number of
partitions is not always an option. Three 40GB disks are just more
expensive than a single 120GB. But indeed, patching the patch is easy
enough and the build of util-linux takes only a few minutes.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!