Truly Transparent gnome-terminal

Joseph Phillips jphillips at amphus.com
Fri Sep 12 17:40:24 UTC 2003

Please pardon my vanity, but will the next release of RHL support truly
transparent gnome-terminals?

I'm not talking about the pseudo-transparency of the past, wherein the
terminal simply displays the portion of the background image.  With this
sort of fake-transparency, any window, that comes intermediate between
the terminal and the background image, is not displayed.  Instead, the
background image is displayed, even though the object directly beneath
the terminal is another window.

I know this is a cosmetic feature, but I'd be willing to bet that, as
far as cosmetic features go, this one ranks pretty high up there in
terms of feature-requested popularity.

Thanks.