ipchains: incompatible with this kernel ??

Donn Robert Proctor Jr. peng1pro at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 13 15:05:37 UTC 2003

i have upgraded my system from rh9 to rh9.0.93 and having problems with ipchians: i get this error when i try to do a insert "ipchains: protocol not available".
when i do "service ipchains status" i get the error "ipchains: incompatible with this kernel".
here is some other info:
ipchains version 1.3.10-19
kernel version 2.4.22-20.1.2024.2.36.nptl
anyone have ideas or suggestions???? anything is very helpful.
(i am wanting to use ipchains to finish setting up my machine as a gateway router for my home network to my outside internet connection)

Thank you all for your time and information.
-- Donn