Severn installation failure

Ron Cordell roncordell at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 19:17:31 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I attempted to install RH 9.0.93 (Severn) on a machine here today, but the
installation failed almost at the end of installing the files. The error
message was that the installer had encountered a critical failure and could
not proceed, forcing me to reboot.

I have attempted to re-run the installation, but Anaconda refuses to run at
all, giving me a fatal error message, then terminating. I have removed the
partitions created during the first installation, but still Anaconda crashes
and burns.

Is there anything else that I could change or fix to remedy this problem? I
have other OSes loaded on this box, but I was installing to a separate hard
drive, so I am able to boot another Linux instance and manipulate the HD.
Also, the severn beta CD boots OK, but Anaconda dies.

Thanks for any hints,

-ronc