Sept. 15th Announcement?

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Sep 16 10:00:41 UTC 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 12:49:33AM -0400 or thereabouts, MJang wrote:

> Give these guys a break. If you have ever prepared for a hurricane, i
> you would understand how difficult anything is during this process.

I have seen Twister. Does that count? Oh wait, that was tornados.
Seriously, living in a country which doesn't have hurricanes, I
just take it on trust that they're big and nasty.

But I remember Hurricane Floyd in 1999 causing similar preparations,
with mirrors all over the place.

http://old.lwn.net/1999/0916/a/floyd.html

(Also sent on a fifteenth of September, weirdly enough.)

I think that one passed safely (from Red Hat's point of view,
at least). I hope the next one does.

Telsa