severn kde useless

Neal D. Becker nbecker at hns.com
Tue Sep 16 12:06:33 UTC 2003

I have been testing beta1 (virgin).  I have given up.  I use kde.  Every time
I use it, the panel dies and the desktop becomes unresponsive.  The mouse
moves, but the desktop doesn't work.  It's a little hard to describe.  This
seems to happen randomly, and the symptoms are not always identical.  In
every case, clicking on the start panel icon will do nothing at all.  I may
be able to raise windows by clicking on them, or maybe not.  I may be able to
Alt-Ctl-f1 sometimes.  If so, when switching back to X the panel is not
redrawn.  Other times Alt-Ctrl-f1 does nothing, nor any other key sequence.