Install Additional packages - Severn 9.0.93

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Mon Sep 22 21:58:38 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 22:37, Gene Ballard wrote:
> Tried to install additional packages, SAMBA and VNC
> etc...
> Severn ask me to put CD 1 in so I did... Mounted the
> CD and press OK but it doesn't see the CD... keeps
> asking me to put it in.

Hmm, strange error. This is in an already running system?

> Do these bugs get reported to Bugzilla or do I have
> to report them again to Bugzilla?

You'll only find out if you search yourself (unless someone on the list
happens to have had this problem as well -- Bugzilla gets filled by much
more people than reading this list).

In general: For every bug you find, look in Bugzilla whether it's
already there, if not put it in. Posting on this list alone is not
sufficient.

> I didn't expect Severn to have so many bugs... I set
> up a system for my wife to email, chat and word
> process but I think I'll be better off using Shrike.

Hmm, I have a system that gets used by my wife as well for similar
purposes -- she doesn't have much problems with it (except BZ #103916
which can be worked around by switching to another component than the
mail component before eaxiting evolution).

> Can I downgrade to Shrike or do I have to do a clean
> install?

While downgrading is theoretically possible, I'd recommend against it as
there is no easy way to do it (you have to downgrade packages manually).

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com