Naming?#!???

rg grant at tuins.ac.jp
Tue Sep 23 05:39:54 UTC 2003

Yes, I can't imagine anything called 'core' catching on. The idea that a
BSD based system might eventually emerge seems to encourage the present
distro to be called "Fedora Linux" and then, if there is, for example, a
BSD version in the future, that would be "Fedora BSD".  That seems
logical.  Core is not appealing to the general public - sounds
offputting - something that would just scare people away - like suddenly
insisting on calling an automobile a "human life form transportation
device."  Who's going to go for that?!

I guess, the safest thing to do is just refer to the distro as "Fedora"
so as not to terrify newbies.

RG