Homebrew Severn ISOs

David W Aquilina dwa2 at eng.buffalo.edu
Wed Sep 24 19:59:50 UTC 2003

Greetings all,

I'm attempting to create some custom Severn ISOs (mainly to include a
kickstart file and such) however I'm running into some problems that I
never saw when doing the same with RHL 9.0.

The CD created from the custom ISO boots without a problem, however the
installer complains that "The Red Hat Linux CD was not found in any of
your CDROM drives".

I created the CD by copying the contents of the first Severn CD to a
directory, making my modifications, and then creating the ISO via this
command:

 "mkisofs -r -T -J -V "Custom Severn Disk 1 of 3" -b images/bootdisk.img
-o CustomSevern1.iso /CD1"
(/CD1 being the path to the directory)

This process worked just fine for Shrike (Red Hat Linux 9).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--
David Aquilina