CAN'T REBOOT! HELP!

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Sat Sep 27 19:51:11 UTC 2003

Elton Woo staggered into view and mumbled:
> 1) Give a detailed description of your hardware (CPU,
> motherboard, video subsystem, perhipherals...)

My CPU is a 1.6GHZ Celeron processor.
I have 256MB RAM with 64 of this being shared with the ATI Radeon
Vidwo card.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure what make and model
my motherboard is.  No periferals are connected at this time, although I do have a
USB floppy drive that I will be testing later on.

> 2) HOW did you install? From CD, from a network install,
> boot floppy?
> If the former, did you verify the checksums against the ISOs
> before burning the CDs?

I installed from CD's.  I verified the checksums against the ISO's before I
burned the CD's and they all passed.  I then performed the media tests st the beginning
of the install process and all 3 discs passed that test as well.
HTH.
Prince