more comments on Fedora Core

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 28 21:37:43 UTC 2003

On September 28, 2003 08:19 am, Gordon Messmer <Gordon Messmer
<yinyang at eburg.com>> wrote:
> Elton Woo wrote:
> > Will do. In any case I've disabled sendmail and kudzu, from my startup
> > services, since I don't need them.
>
> If you turn off sendmail, then system messages such as those from "cron"
> will not be deliverable.  They'll just end up building up in your mail
> queue.  You might want to keep an eye on that, or configure tmpwatch to
> clean it out periodically.
So, regardless that I'm not running a server, but just a single desktop
machine, I should *still* enable sendmail? OK ... <*sigh*>

Elton.
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.