Why xcdroast and not gcombust?

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Mon Sep 1 13:38:42 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-01 at 06:02, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > Then again, eventually, I suppose, nautilus will do it all.
>
> Is this a complaint about the nautilus cd burner capabilities or are you
> just not aware of them?

Not an intentional complaint, but I confess I short changed Nautilus'
capabilities.  What I meant was that someday Nautilus would be a full
featured CD writer.  I just didn't realize that it was already pretty
much there.

Very nice!

I just created a CD from an iso, erased it and turned it into a music
CD, erased that created a regular data CD.  All very simple and very
well integrated with the rest of the desktop.  And the user doesn't have
to know anything about DAO, TAO, Burn-Free, etc.

Anyone who needs more than this is probably going to be comfortable with
xcdroast, or have their own personal favorite already, I suppose.

I have a couple of end users who will be delighted when I show them this
tomorrow.

Thanks,
Steve