Please add exim

Kyle Maxwell kylem at xwell.org
Wed Sep 3 13:46:24 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 08:38, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2003 08:27 am, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > Please add exim.  I have prepared an rpm package and can send the spec if
> > > anyone is interested.  It is easy to add since we have "alternatives" so
> > > that sendmail, postfix, and exim can all co-exist.
> >
> > Would be cool (exim fan here). If you've got a package then by all means
> > add it bugzilla or you might want to look at fedora as a starting point -
> > its going to take a little work to roll out 3rd party maintainer
> > infrastructure for the core RHLP and lots of packages probably are not
> > "core" but are still great. (Just like nobody installs every package for
> > Debian)
> >

> Please find my latest exim SRPM here:
>
> http://www.xecu.net/nbecker/exim-4.22-2_10.rh9.src.rpm
>
> I am using this with no problem on RH9.  I have not tested it on any RH beta.

Fedora might be a better bet to get it used at first; the new RHLP
direction (as I understand it) is to rely more on third-party
repositories for additional software as much as possible. Take a look at
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackageSubmissionQAPolicy and see if that
works well for you. Personally, I prefer postfix, but I absolutely agree
that it's good for everyone to be able to easily choose their favorite.

--
Kyle Maxwell <kylem at xwell.org>