RH10 multimedia support

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 23:44:56 UTC 2003

> Don't get me wrong: I'm not arguing against simplicity. Quite the
> contrary, I love simple (i.e., graceful, elegant) solutions.
>
> Unfortunately, the IE way has severe limitations once you get outside of
> the consumer market.

The "you must be administrator" approach is actually clearly right for web
plugins. What exactly is a "plugin", its a random chunk of binary code
handed to someone from a random web site which may or may not be the
one you thought, may be compromised, may be buggy, may violate company
policy and so on.

The "click to infect your computer" world has to end.