RH10 multimedia support

Res res at ausics.net
Sat Sep 6 03:04:57 UTC 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Friday 05 September 2003 15:03, Joseph Phillips wrote:
> > It's the same issue with Java and flash player for the browser. I'm
> > not shy of the console, but still I'd prefer an easier way to get
> > plugins installed. Like the way IE does it for example: if you go to
> > a site that has java or flash, a little pop-up comes up and prompts
> > you to automatically install the software. I don't see why Red Hat
> > can't accomplish this with the browsers they bundle in their
> > distribution (epiphany, galeon, konqueror, mozilla).

Funny, my version of mozilla does that, albeit it d/l's the thingy and
then fails on install cause needs to be root, but hey thats mozilla... not
Red Hat, its not Red Hats job to fix that, its mozillas, a check if ur not
root to ask for root passwd and then get the pluggin and su to install it.

> Because of the EULA you must agree to prior to installing said plugins.
> It's not legal for Red Hat to distribute said plugins.

Jesse's correct...once again :)

--
Res
Network Administrator