RH10 multimedia support

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Sun Sep 7 16:00:36 UTC 2003

Here are the counter parts:

1) Red Hat cant ship the codecs without licenses and probably breaking
their free software promise

2) Putting links to easily download copies of the codecs that are put on
various internet sites can bring about DMCA violation lawsuits (as
evidenced from the 2600.com and similar cases).

3) It would be a calculated risk that making it easy to link in software
from people who you do not have a business relationship could also get a
DMCA case against you.

The joys of todays paranoid computing.

Stephen John Smoogen            smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 5-8058
Ta-03 SM-261  MailStop P208 DP 17U  Los Alamos, NM 87545