Preserving evolution mail during OS changes

dsavage at peaknet.net dsavage at peaknet.net
Mon Sep 8 05:13:22 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 23:26, redhat-jc wrote:
> Is this problem causing the inability to retrieve mail from the pop
> server? I tried retreiving mail on two different computers and neither
> one was able to pull down mail. They both kept asking for a password.
>
> I am not a regular evolution user, but I tried it because of my mozilla
> lockup problem.
>
> I haven't tried to send mail through evolution recently. (within a few
> months). I'm not sure if it works or not for smtp transfers.
>
> When I tried to close down evolution I got bug buddy up and it couldn't
> send out the bug report. I saved it to file and it is attached to this
> message.
>
> Has anyone else had evo completely crash?

Jim,

As I said in my first post, I was able to receive e-mail immediately after
restoring my ~/evolution directory from the tarball. I didn't say it
that's a POP connection, but it is.

The SMTP exchange detailed in my earlier message was actually interleaved
with a POP3 exchange. I'm posting the whole 49-line Send/Receive exchange
as an attachment to this message.

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL