New Kernel - athlon - Mozilla

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 8 12:59:33 UTC 2003

Dave, does this mean that Red Hat is going off onto its own kernel tree
for development? If not it would be a major boon to sanity if the kernel
version at least preserved the "2.4.22-X" format so that it is clear
where the kernel development version ends and the Red Hat versioning
begins. Could you share with us some of the thought process that went
into the new versioning scheme? (Of course, this begs the question by
presuming there was a thought process rather than a Dilbertian Manager
Decision behind it.)

{^_^}