question about rawhide vs beta (maybe dumb)

Scott Seagroves scott at ucolick.org
Tue Sep 9 06:38:53 UTC 2003

I have a feeling this is a dumb question but there is a chance that
there's something I don't understand here, and I want to clear it up:

If I use yum or apt to go from RH9 to rawhide, then am I basically
testing the beta?  Aside from the installer, of course, I understand
that I won't be testing that.  But what about the rest?  Is that an ok
way to "get" to Severn (or Severn2 or whatever the next beta is called)?

Thanks in advance -
Scott Seagroves