Need "Yes to all" button on Up2date

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Fri Sep 12 15:00:35 UTC 2003

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Alan Cox wrote:

> If you replace metacity with a decent window manager that doesn't
> give focus to new windows (which is just asking for people to type credit
> card data into the wrong window) then up2date is fine
>
> IMHO the problem is metacity.

I've been trying to use gnome for the past couple of days (for me, a window
manager is something to let you pick your xterm, so I normally just use
openbox), and metacity focus issues have been driving me crazy.

I use focus follows mouse

I put two xterms on a workspace, and mozilla on another workspace. Start out
with focus in xterm A. Switch to mozilla workspace and mozilla gets focus.
Switch back to xterm workspace. The mouse will be over xterm A, but no
window will have focus. I have to move the mouse off of xterm A and then
back on to xterm A to get focus back. This is broken.

later,
chris