yum update rawhide: what am I missing?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 12 17:34:39 UTC 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 13:21, Jesse Keating Jesse Keating
<hosting at j2solutions.net> wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2003 10:12, Elton Woo wrote:
> > Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> > Server: Red Hat Linux Null - i386 - Base
> > retrygrab() failed for:
> >
> > http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/Null/i386/head
> >ers/header.info Executing failover method
> > failover: out of servers to try
> > Error getting file
> > http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/Null/i386/head
> >ers/header.info [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> >
> > ... what am I missing?
>
> Looks like the version of the "redhat-release" package is set to "Null"
> for some reason, thus yum is unable to find a "Null" directory at
> duke.edu.  You might have to force the release issue in your
> /etc/yum.conf file.

The default entry in my yum.conf file gives this:
[base]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - $basearch - Base
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/$releasever/$basearch/

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux $releasever - Updates
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/updates/$releasever/
Going via mozilla, I found the directory and changed the [updates]
section thus:
baseurl=http://mirror.dulug.duke.edu/pub/yum-repository/redhat/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/$releasever/

Am I correct, or do I need to change the [base] entry as well?

Elton.
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.