serious redundancy in bugzilla regarding betas

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 13 09:30:11 UTC 2003

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:49:44 -0400, Chris Kloiber wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 06:09, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   is there a reason for bugzilla to have "Product" entries for
> > > both "Red Hat Linux Beta" and "Red Hat Public Beta"?  are these
> > > really distinct products?
> >
> > You can see "Red Hat Linux Beta"? That is (was) where we would put bugs
> > against the non-public betas that existed internally before the
> > "project" was launched. I was unaware the public could see that now.
>
> ???
>
> This is the place where bugs in Severn have been filed since its
> release.
>
> Directly copied from:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/easy_enter_bug.cgi?action=second
>
>     "Red Hat Linux Beta: For bugs about the Severn release of Red Hat
>     Linux Project, please choose Beta1 as the version and i386 as the
>     platform."

oh, lord, it's hard to misunderestimate the entertainment value i get from
these lists at times. :-)

currently, at bugzilla, one finds among the list of products:

RH Enterprise Linux
RH Enterprise Linux Public Beta

  (which makes sense)

RH Linux
RH Linux Beta
RH Public Beta

  (which is confusing as heck)

clicking from one of these betas to the other clearly changes the
contents of the "Version" list next to it, which suggests there are
really different ... somethings.

some clarification would be nice.

rday