faq? rawhide

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sat Sep 13 19:05:00 UTC 2003

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 12:37:58 -0400, Elton Woo wrote:

> > > upgrade to rawhide? When I use "up2date -ul" it only shows me two
> > > packages for my system
> >
> > Subscribe to the "Severn Updates" channel. https://rhn.redhat.com
>
> I have my machine subscribed to that channel, but it doesn't update
> anything.

Not enough input. I can't comment on that.

> Now I use "yum update rawhide".

Where did you get that syntax from?
Isn't it "yum update [packagename] [packagename] [...]"?

> However, just to educate myself,
> do I need to configure up2date so that it fetches stuff from the
> channel, rather than having to call up yum, every so often?

If I knew what you get when you run "up2date --nox -u" in a terminal,
and if I knew the current state of your system (i.e. what has been
done to it since installation of Severn), maybe then I could guess.