keyboard oddity (was Re: Time weirdness...

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Sun Sep 14 16:33:53 UTC 2003

On September 14, 2003 01:56 am, KSC KSC <m0par at cox.net> wrote:

> , and in X terminal windows a
> single keypress will result in anywhere from 1 to around 10 repeats.
I seem to find this happening on my system as well. I didn't dare to mention
it before, thinking the "bug" might be the two-legged creature sitting at
the keyboard...

I'm also using severn + updates, and for example, if in a console I
type "su -" I might sometimes see "su --------" instead, as just happened
just a few minutes ago. I have the latest ATHLON kernel from rawhide
installed, and this is not a new machine.
Some hardware specs:
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.0 Gb.
ASUS ATX A7V-E (KT133 chipset).
"no-name" cheapo US keyboard.

I wonder if anyone else besides (just the two of us) has noticed
this odd behavoir with keying in the console?

Elton.

"one more day before Sep 15"....
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.