Constant crashes

Olafur Arason olafura at hi.is
Sun Sep 14 18:29:05 UTC 2003

My laptop doesn't reboot it just dies. I cant ctrl-alt-del or
ctrl-Sys_Req or any thing. There are no blinking lights on the keyboard.
I have to hold down the button to reboot the computer. Everything about
this got me leaning toward a hardware failure, but this only happened
after I installed severn. Could this be something releated to acpi.
Because I have to use acpi=off to boot the machine.