rawhide not syncing

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 00:53:44 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 10:57:50AM -0500, Kyle Maxwell wrote:
> It was merged; do a rpm -q --changelog on the 2.4.22-1.2040.nptl kernel
> and you'll see it mentioned. Given that RHL is not really a supported
> product anymore, it doesn't make sense to split out "unsupported" modules.
> The changelog still says that distinction is made to some degree, but I
> haven't dug into it any to see exactly how that distinction is made.

The modules that had been in the "unsupported" RPM are still kept in
the same directory that they were when they were in the unsupported
RPM (/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/unsupported) so that you can tell the
modules that we are likely to put less effort into fixing; we still
wanted to convey reasonable expectations based in the information
that we used to get to having an "unsupported" RPM in the first place.

rpm -ql kernel will make it pretty obvious.  :-)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/