severn kde useless

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Tue Sep 16 14:14:17 UTC 2003

Neal D. Becker wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 September 2003 08:46 am, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:24:24 -0400, Neal D. Becker wrote:
>>
>>>I only have 56k, so updates are painful.  I anxiously waiting for beta2.
>>
>>Can't you get the updates the same way you would get beta2?
>>

> I don't understand.  To get beta2, I would download the ISOs and burn onto
> cds.  How would I do the same for updates?
>
> Is there a simple way I could use yum, for example, to create a local copy of
> beta1 + updates, that I could then burn?

Yes. Yum stores the rpms and header in /var/cache/yum.
You could but that directory on a CD (or 2), thne copy the data to
another machine.

If you want to do it from a machine that isn't running
the beta, I'd grab the rpms from rawhide, put them on a CD, and then
make your own yum repository on the local machine.

	-Thomas