Sept. 15th Announcement?

Mark Mielke mark at mark.mielke.cc
Tue Sep 16 15:42:26 UTC 2003

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 05:34:24PM +0200, Féliciano Matias wrote:
> > I give all the time they need. I am only asking RedHat to inform
> > visitors of http://rhl.redhat.com/ .
> > Not more. It's not a big deal to update the date of the home page of
> > rhl.redhat.com every two weeks and, btw, this show some "respect" for
> > visitors. I "hate" none updated website.
> http://rhl.redhat.com/ have been updated. With of lot more informations
> than i ask.

Thanks as well to whoever put in the time. Community efforts have a way
of developing disinterest when the participants, or potential participants
grow impatient for results, especially results that were expected (whether
rightly or wrongly).

For the others who made this thread much longer than it needed to be,
RedHat employees don't need you to come to their defense for *every*
request, especially reasonable ones such as this one.

They are perfectly capable of saying "We apologize for not having time
to update the site. Many of our employees are at home preparing to weather
a potentially dangerous storm." In fact, I am surprised that an official
announcement of some sort didn't make it to the mailing lists. Perhaps they
were all kept internal? (Our own company was very good at communicating
when 'the blackout of 2003' hit us...)

The request: If you have time, can you make rhl.redhat.com less embarassing?

The final response: Yes. (They did it -- whoohoo!)

Thanks!
mark

--
mark at mielke.cc/markm at ncf.ca/markm at nortelnetworks.com __________________________