Problem with Loki games on Severn

Christian Iseli Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Sep 16 22:49:22 UTC 2003

drepper at redhat.com said:
> Well, only 0, 1, and 2 are valid value.  Your use of 3 is the same as 0.
>  So no wonder it works if 0 works.

Ah, I see.  Thanks.  I guess the info here:
 http://people.redhat.com/mingo/exec-shield/ANNOUNCE-exec-shield
is a bit outdated:

---

There is a new boot-time kernel command line option called exec-shield=,
which has 4 values. Each value represents a different level of security:

 exec-shield=0    - always-disabled
 exec-shield=1    - default disabled, except binaries that enable it
 exec-shield=2    - default enabled, except binaries that disable it
 exec-shield=3    - always-enabled

the current patch defaults to 'exec-shield=2'. The security level can also
be changed runtime, by writing the level into /proc:

 echo 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/exec-shield

---

I noticed the current default value is actualy 1.  Do the 0, 1, and 2
level still have the above meaning ?

Regards,
					Christian