evolution problems?

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Wed Sep 17 13:51:23 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 00:06, Ingo Molnar wrote:
<snip...>
> there's one quirk i found: evolution-wombat has to be killall-ed before
> startup, otherwise the startup would hang in various way if the next
> startup happens earlier than evolution-wombat exits. (it seems
> evolution-wombat exit is not fully synchronized with the evolution exit
> mechanism and if the startup of the next evolution instance overlaps then
> bad stuff happens.) This behavior happens with exec-shield off as well.
>
> evolution-1.4.4-6, kernel-2.4.22-1.2049.nptl.
>
> 	Ingo

I just reloaded the beta and all of the updates last night. What I've
noticed is that killing Evolution with the X causes it to hang on the
next startup. Using File --> Quit causes a normal exit. I haven't had
time to change the defaults for exec-shield, so they are what should be
in the original settings.

Hopefully that sheds some light on the problem.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,