Severn upgrade on KT7-Raid

Féliciano Matias feliciano.matias at free.fr
Wed Sep 17 21:48:42 UTC 2003

Le mar 16/09/2003 à 05:50, m jones a écrit :
> I wanted to upgrade my extra computer from RH9 to Severn, however Severn does
> not recognize the RAID0 drives that 9 is installed on...
>
> How can I get Severn to recognize the Highpoint 370 ATA100 card
>  on the KT7-Raid mobo... i tried using the Highpoint drivers for RH9.0
> driver/solution... but no luck... is there a boot parameter i might try to
> get Severn to see the drives?

It's not a good idea to use raid service provide by hpt370.
/usr/src/linux-2.4/Documentation/Configure.help :

Support for IDE Raid controllers
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_ATARAID

[...]
  Note, that Linux does not use the Raid implementation in BIOS, and
  the main purpose for this feature is to retain compatibility and
  data integrity with other OS-es, using the same disk array. Linux
  has its own Raid drivers, which you should use if you need better
  performance.

[...]

--
Féliciano Matias <feliciano.matias at free.fr>