Include MPlayer in beta?

Bryan W. Headley bwheadley at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 17 22:47:30 UTC 2003

Botoaca Andrei wrote:
> Geez to what my discussion did lead ...
>
> mplayer site:
> ... and you say to him: see here you have
> installed your mp3-player, but it doesn't work because of sw-patents,

Nothing to do with Windows sucks or Linux sucks; rather, who's anal
about licensing, patents. Thankfully this isn't a Debian list, because
they're a tougher crowd.

Kidding aside, I take your argument, and agree with the impression given
to your imaginary friend.

> 2.I have version xyz of mplayer built in. Fully functional .... but then
> rh can't ship it!

How about an rpm with a .spec file that grabs a binary from somewhere
else than the distribution? Like a web site?

--
Bryan W. Headley - bwheadley at earthlink.net