swsusp

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Sep 18 00:08:48 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 13:56, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:01:05PM +0100, Dave Jones wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:42:55PM +0300, Axel Thimm wrote:
> >  > Hi,
> >  >
> >  > I tried to patch swsusp into the rawhide kernel, but it conflicts with
> >  > the nptl patches.
> >  >
> >  > swsusp for 2.4.x is considered rather stable and would be a very nice
> >  > addition for laptop users of rhl. Would you consider shaping the patch
> >  > for the rawhide kernel?

It might never be in the official RHL kernel, but I took a crack at
making swsusp patches that apply to the rawhide kernel tree.

These patches apply (with a little fuzz) to the 2.4.22-1.2049 kernel
source tree:

http://people.redhat.com/tcallawa/swsusp/linux-2.4.22-1.2049.nptl-swsusp-1.1-rc8-whole.patch
http://people.redhat.com/tcallawa/swsusp/linux-2.4.22-1.2049.nptl-swsusp-1.1-rc8B-incremental.patch

I also needed to apply the following patch to make the i686 UP kernel
build (ymmv):

http://people.redhat.com/tcallawa/swsusp/linux-2.4.22-1.2040-schedfix2.patch

Please note, this patch builds for me, but I never booted it. It may eat
your children, and if it does so, you have no one to blame but yourself.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> LCA, RHCE
Red Hat Sales Engineer || Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader

"The author's mathematical treatment of the conception of purpose is
novel and highly ingenious, but heretical and, so far as the present
social order is concerned, dangerous and potentially subversive. Not to
be published." -- Aldous Huxley