RHN abuse of service?

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Fri Sep 19 17:39:51 UTC 2003

On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 09:18:01AM -0700, Mark Howell wrote:
> I'm having problems with up2date. A few days ago I started getting abuse of
> service error messages when running up2date. I'd had some problems getting
> up2date and rpm to complete as I fetched updates to get my Severn box caught
> up on the Severn updates channel, so I ran up2date many times trying to get
> all that sorted out.
>
> I e'd RH support last week and got a reply asking if I was running up2date
> too frequently, but since I don't know what too frequently is, that's hard
> to answer. In practice, I run it if I know there's a patch I need to fetch
> (e.g. openssh this week) or if I notice the applet says it's time.

Well, you can answer that way to the support person who replied, if you
have not already done so.  That doesn't sound to me like abuse.

So that everyone knows how to ask for RHN help, I'll post a useful URL
here (if you have a paid RHN subscription, log in before visiting this
URL and you'll get more information):
https://rhn.redhat.com/help/contact.pxt

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/