Gnome configuration problem

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sat Sep 20 00:33:15 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I have a severn box I just installed all of the updates on. When I try to change
the default terminal by going to system tools -> terminal -> properties, I get
an error "application:System/gnome-terminal.desktop readonly". After doing a
little searching I figured out that if I edit
/usr/share/applications/gnome-terminal.desktop I could change the terminal and
it works like I want it to. I did all of this as root so permissions should not
be a problem but gnome seems to think root does not have permission to write to
the file.

Anyone else seeing this??

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org