pcmia and usb pendrive no longer recognized with new kernel on vaio

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Sep 21 03:55:08 UTC 2003

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 11:58:28AM +0900, rg wrote:
 > Well, upgraded the kernel on two machines.  No problems on the very
 > generic desktop, but on the Vaio, the LAN connection (pcmia) has
 > vanished and my pendrive (listed in the fstab) is no longer valid.  When
 > I checked the Hardware Browser, the devices no longer seem to exist.
 > Same problem as when RH9 was installed. Still there when booting into
 > old/original Severn kernel.  Any suggs?

ACPI behaviour changed in 2051, its no longer used by default, and you
need to specify acpi=on.  You may also need pci=noacpi.
Kernels later than 2051 should be getting better at figuring out
what options it needs, but there are still some cases it doesn't
do the right thing that need working out.

		Dave

--
 Dave Jones     http://www.codemonkey.org.uk