rhn applet not working again

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 02:53:23 UTC 2003

I just did a fresh install of severn and used up2date to update all
packages in the updates channel.  I inadvertently removed the rhn applet
from the panel and have tried to get it back from the menu item and from
the cli. The cli response is a blank terminal line with no return to the
prompt.

I'm booting to the latest athlon kernel and have rebooted and logged
in/out with no joy.

I have looked at the archives and found references to bug id 103871
which deals with an older version of rhn-applet-gui (2.0.10-6).

My current version is rhn-applet-2.0.11-2.

Gerry Tool