initscripts and 815 chipset machines

Jim - 815 PIII redhat-jc at insight.rr.com
Mon Sep 22 11:50:37 UTC 2003

There are a series of problems with my Severn installation on an 815
chipset computer. I was wondering which of the problems others might be
experiencing also.

1. Network cable unplugged on startup script. Running dhclient from
command line will get dhcp address.

2. Logging into the console will fail for several attempts to login.
Eventually, the login will be accepted.

3. using passwd to change passwords comes back with repeated prompts
that the passwords don't match. It does however change the password to
the new password selected.

4. Gnome locks up on initializing screen. (empty box with no process ICONs.)

5. Mozilla locks up with entering passwords for mail accounts or with
http logins, like rhn network.

I filed three bug reports for these problems. One was re-assigned to
initscripts. I think this is probably closer to the problem.

Thanks,

Jim

--
Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.
		-- Paul Tillich, German theologian.