IEEE1394, SBP2 and External Firewire HDD

Vidyut Luther vid at linuxpowered.com
Mon Sep 22 14:55:22 UTC 2003

Hi,
 I tried to lookup anyone else who had the same problem as me with
Severn and IEEE1394, I found the following message..

 http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2003-July/msg00464.html

My problem is pretty much the same, I can not install Severn with the
drive on, if I turn the drive off, I can get the installer to work.
Once the installation is done, I can't boot into the box, until the
I turn the drive off again.

I did not have this problem with 9.0, but with Severn (all packages
updated from the Severn channel (including kernel)), does not want to
work with my drive. This is a small problem for me, as all my music is
on the drive, and I'd like to listen to music while working.

On my 9.0 system, I could see the drive as /dev/sda and I could mount
/dev/sda1 /mnt etc, without an issue.

I have a feeling this also has to do with my cdrom not working in Severn
as well. I have a plextor 52x32x48 CDRW, grub has the line appended to
say hdc=ide-scsi , but dmesg gives seek errors.

But i'll work on that after I get the firewire to work.
Nobody responded to the other guy, I'm hoping someone will help me.

--
Vidyut Luther <vid at linuxpowered.com>
Linuxpowered