OK, so it's the Fedora Project, but is it still called Red Hat Linux?

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Mon Sep 22 23:28:05 UTC 2003

On Monday 22 September 2003 15:48, rg wrote:
> Hmmm... So, until the trademark guidelines come out, am I essentially
> correct in assuming that the final release will be The Fedora Project
> (not Fedora Linux), which will have a random red hat, as is the case
> now, (not called the Red Hat Logo) on the GNOME menu? So when someone
> asks what I am running, I can say the Fedora Project.  And when they
> ask what's a good book to buy to get them up to snuff, I can say "The
> Fedora Project Bible," or "The Fedora Project Unleashed," or "The
> Fedora Project for Dummies?"
>
> Am I on track here?

Why not call the whole thing "Fedora Project" and then the Linux Kernel
release of the Fedora Project could be called "Fedora Linux" ?  And if
such time arrives that a BSD kernel based release comes out, it can be
"Fedora BSD"?  Calling the OS "Fedora Project" will confuse
customers/vendors/media to no end, making them think it's something all
of it's own, not Linux based...

Of course, I can just hear some people clamoring for "GNU/Fedora *"...

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: