Fedora Core, Fedora Project, Fedora/GNU, Fedora BSD, Fedora Coupe deVille, Fedora ala mode

rg2 grant at p2322.nsk.ne.jp
Tue Sep 23 02:31:48 UTC 2003

OK, you missed some of my points, especially the Linux bit (what happens
in the future if there is a Linux and BSD version?), but...

Anyway, to the meat of the matter: is it correct-legal-acceptable in
printed materials (books, magazines, online articles etc) then, to refer
to what the user has or is putting on his or her machine, the Fedora
Project distro, as just Fedora.  For example,  "Once you have installed
Fedora, you can....," "Fedora allows you to.....," "If you are new to
Fedora, you will find..." and so on.  Red Hat seemed fussy on this point
in the past, insisting, as I recall, that Red Hat be referred to as Red
Hat Linux Operating System or, at least, Red Hat Linux, rather than Red
Hat.

And, getting back to that icon of a hat on the GNOME menu that just
happens to be a red hat, not a Red Hat, is it going to stay?  Don't want
to waste my effort on a slew of new screenshots.

And also.... the screenshots on some of your pages, show the traditional
Bluecurve window borders, but the window borders in the latest Rawhide
releases are quite different.  WHich goes on to the new Fedora?  The
Rawhide version?

Ralston