What are consequences (the lack of freedom on the USA)

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Tue Sep 23 09:13:56 UTC 2003

Xine, mplayer, VLC. They work well, i.e., show video and all, but they
are ugly, seem to use some arbitrary toolkit, if any at all. Xine's UI
is ugly, mplayers is ugly. They lack proper integration into the system
(KDE/GNOME). They do have frontends for KDE/GNOME, but these are usually
half baked, and imcomplete. I think there is more to a media player than
just playing video's and mp3s.