Linux freezes when syncing to Handspring Visor

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Tue Sep 23 13:23:57 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 22:11, Daniel Durgin wrote:
> Good evening,
>   everytime I try to sync (usb) to Evolution 1.4
> redhat Pukes (Yes, I believe this is a technical
> term!).  X freezes, everything freezes. I can't even
> ctr-alt-delete. The Caps lock and Scroll lock LEDs
> blink at me; reassuring me that all is wrong.  Have to
> press reset.
>   Weird thing is, if I use kpilot or jpilot it works
> fine.
>   I am running 2.4.22-1.2051.nptl.
> - Dan

Happens to me all the time as well. Looks like a problem with the
gnome-pilot conduits. In my case, the EAddress one syncs 24 records
exactly before completely crashing. I, too, have noticed that system
becomes generally unstable - if it doesn't hang altogether - after this.
If I disable all of the gnome-pilot conduits for Evolution, I can sync
without errors. That's a pretty useless configuration though unless you
just like syncing your PDA and PC clocks. The file transfer conduit also
works sometimes depending on the size/type of file being transferred.

I thought maybe it was my Tungsten T because my wife's M515 works just
fine, but Jpilot works flawlessly with my Tungsten T.

One more thing... When the system does hang. The lights on my keyboard
also flash. It's pretty nasty.

By the way, do any of these allow syncing to the memory card on the
Palm? Pointers welcome!

Cheers,

Chris

--
"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,