"Licensed" codes

Thomas Dodd ted at cypress.com
Tue Sep 23 14:16:25 UTC 2003

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> 2) Negotiate a nonexclusive, transferable, unlimited license for those
> works and all derivatives.
>
> I think the latter is right out, considering that if a patent holder
> granted such a license, they'd never receive another dime of licensing
> income.

Negotiate the license above only for noncomercial/free software.
Hasn't this been done before? Something about a license only for GPL
programs?

That allows GPL code to use the licensed material, derivitave also get
the right to use them as long as they are GPL, which is already required
by the GPL, so it's not a further restriction.

	-Thomas