Fedora Project: Announcing New Direction

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Tue Sep 23 23:13:23 UTC 2003

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003, Chris Chabot wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> An open question to the fedora lists, will there be a fedora-developer
> list at some point? It seems the existing lists are currently flooded
> with a lot of trafic, which might make it hard to participate in
> development related discussions, as they might get lost in the high volumes.
>
> Personally i am quite fond of the gnome lists model, a list per topic
> (desktop, nautilus, translations, etc), plus a list (gnome-hackers@)
> which is read only accept for the project developers. Ofcource outside
> posts can still reach this list, but they will be moderated first.
>
> An active and high volume generating community is a great thing to have,
> but it would be great to have a low trafic list where one could bounce
> actual ideas & patches around

Not meant as a flame, but cross-posting the same message to 5 lists as you
just did is a large part of why there's a lot of traffic on these lists....
It'd be nice if people picked the one list their message is applicable to
and posted it there, rather than cross-posting so extensively as people have
been doing regularly on these lists to date....

Not that it matters for those of us who've set up duplicate Message ID
suppression, but we're probably a minority ;-)

later,
chris