Planning for Redhat Upgrades

Gordon Ewasiuk gordon.ewasiuk at verizon.net
Wed Sep 24 14:23:19 UTC 2003

Hi List,

I got a bunch of RH upgrades in the works - bunch of servers going from
5.x/6.x/7.x/8.0 to 9.  This Fedora stuff is causing me some concern.  I
work for a small ISP/webhosting shop.  The money for RHEL just isn't
there.

Is there anybody in webhosting space who deals with a bunch of Redhat
servers?  What are your upgrade/migration plans?  I think the best move
would be to RHEL but I can't spend what I don't have...

Severn scares the hell out of me...in it's current form.  I've installed
it on a couple of testbeds...sluggish performance, lockups during
boot(not the acpi issue), X locking up at different places...the list is
growing longer by the day.  These testbeds have run RHL9 flawlessly.

Thanks for any input,

-gordon