Homebrew Severn ISOs

Chris Kloiber ckloiber at redhat.com
Thu Sep 25 05:08:28 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 17:18, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 15:59, David W Aquilina wrote:
> > The CD created from the custom ISO boots without a problem, however the
> > installer complains that "The Red Hat Linux CD was not found in any of
> > your CDROM drives".
>
> Did you miss copying the .discinfo file?
>
> Jeremy

Oh, for those interested in DVD images, I wrote a script that massages
the CD isos (or an FTP-like tree) and makes a DVD iso out of them. See:

ftp://people.redhat.com/ckloiber/mkdvdiso.sh

The script will even call implantisomd5 and make your new shiny DVD iso
usable with 'linux mediacheck', although that's only really  useful if
your source files are known good to start with...

The script is still pretty raw, and may not always work yet. If you have
suggestions, email me some suggestions.

--
Chris Kloiber
Red Hat, Inc.