Forumns instead of email?

DAVID BALAZIC david.balazic at uni-mb.si
Thu Sep 25 09:16:25 UTC 2003

Paul Pianta <pantz at lqt.ca> wrote :

>Daniel Durgin wrote:
>
>>My intension was to offer a possible alternative to
>>the way things are done: i.e. Business Process
>>Engineering (BPR).
>>
>>Last plug for Forums: the Freesco one as a nice
>>feature that will automatically show you the new
>>posts, so noone has to "dig around" for current
>>topics.

My email client also marks new posts.

>looks like the freesco site is using phpBB for their forums.
>phpBB is really easy to set up and looks and works really well to boot!
>
>i also think use of a forum would be quite handy! Keep the mailing lists
>for those that prefer to go through 150-200 emails per day - and offer
>the phpBB forums for us lazy buggers that like to click a search button
>- type a couple of keywords - and have all the goodies spat out for us  8)

My email client has a search button too.

Besides, the web archives for this list can be used as a forum.
It if were decent, you could also post/reply from there,
but I guess this is a RFE...

--
David Balazic
E-mail   : david.balazic at uni-mb.si   |     living in  sLOVEnija