Homebrew Severn ISOs

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 25 13:21:30 UTC 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Matthias Saou wrote:

> Chris Kloiber wrote :
> > ftp://people.redhat.com/ckloiber/mkdvdiso.sh

> I'll definitely have a look at it, since I've bought a DVD+/-R(W) burner
> recently, with making single media bootable installs in mind :-)
>
> Matthias

  ok, perhaps i spoke too soon.  regarding chris' homebrew DVD script,
once after all of the ISO contents are copied to the DVD build directory,
i see

if [ -e $DVD/.discinfo ]; then
                awk '{ if ( NR == 4 ) { print disks } else { print ; } }'
disks="$DISKS" $DVD/.discinfo > $DVD/.discinfo.new
                mv $DVD/.discinfo.new $DVD/.discinfo
        fi

  perhaps it's a bit early, but what's the rationale for the above?
certainly, the most overlooked item in creating a custom distro is
forgetting the .discinfo file.  but after all the copying is done,
and there's clearly an existing .discinfo file there, what does the
above do?

  (with my luck, i'll figure it out seconds after i press ENTER. :-P)

rday